John J. BARTHOLDI III
Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
The Manhattan Associates/Dabbiere Chair
Co-Executive Director of the Georgia Tech Logistics Innovation & Research Center, Panama
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0205 USA
- NextBUZZ, a scheme by which buses spontaneously
coördinate themselves on a route to equalize headways. This now controls all the bus
routes on the Georgia Tech campus.
- The global network
of container shipping
- Warehouse & Distribution Science, a free textbook and more.
- Bucket brigades, a self-organizing protocol for sharing
work on an assembly-line. (This has been especially successful in organizing order-pickers
- Software to visualize, analyze, optimize, warehouse operations.
- A routing system you can build in a day on two Rolodex card files. It
is based on spacefilling curves and is in use commercially.
- ISyE 6335, Inventory & Distribution (AKA Supply
Chain Engineering 1), meeting August–December in Atlanta and elsewhere by video
- ISyE 6340, Supply Chain Seminar, meeting January–April in Atlanta
- iTrans, a Vertically Integrated Project
to coördinate the bus system at Georgia Tech and then the world. Meeting at GT
throughout the year.