Today, I completed a bit more work on this new website, which now runs with Jekyll. To get a publication list up-and-running, I discovered the Jekyll Scholar plugin, which provides support for citations and bibliographies using the BibTex format within the Jekyll static website environment. There are ways to modify a standard BibTex bibliography to also be useful as an academic publication list, but it requires “some doing”.
I’m pretty happy with the result. I used some examples from around the web where others have customized the way references are rendered on the screen to add buttons for links to each paper. Now, when a new paper comes out, I just need to update the BibTex .bib file with the required information. I’m going to find a way to organize the preprints for as many of these references as possible, and add links to them also.