Jump to Content: Welcome to the virtual world of Georgia Tech
Jump to Footer Navigation:
Contact Us |
Legal & Privacy Information |
Chen Zhou is an Associate Professor and the Associate Chair for the undergraduate programs in the Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering. He is also the director of Beijing/Singapore Summer program and the director of Logistics in China in Supply Chain Logistic Institute. He received his PhD in Industrial Engineering in Pennsylvania State University under Prof. Richard Wysk in 1988. He received his MSME in Pennsylvania State University in 1984 and BSME in Tianjin University in China in 1982.
Sustainable Global supply chain
Energy efficiency toward human needs in transportation and food
Warehousing and distribution design and analysis
ISyE 3104 Manufacturing and Warehousing
ISyE 4301 Supply Chain Economics
ISyE 3103 Logistics
ISyE 6201 Manufacturing Systems
ISYE 6202 Warehousing Systems
- Lai, J., McGinnis, L., Zhou*, C., Harjati, A., and Guldberg, T. “An Economic and Environmental Framework for Analyzing Globally Sourced Auto Parts Packaging System,” Special issue for Sustainability and Supply Chain Management of Journal for Cleaner Production, Vol 17, No. 15, pp 1632-1646 October 2008.
- Hua, W., and Zhou*, C. “Cluster and Filling Curve Based Storage in Circuit Board Assembly Kitting area” IIE Transactions. April 2008, pp 569 - 585. (IIE Transactions Best Paper Award)
- Jeong, Myong-Kee, Perry, M., Zhou*, C. “Throughput Gain with Parallel Flow in Automated Flow Lines”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, pp 84 – 86, January 2005,
- Kim H. S., McGinnis, L and Zhou*, C, “On fidelity and model selection for discrete event simulation”, Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Vol 88, No. 1, 2012 pp 97 – 109.
- Wang, Y. and Zhou*, C., “Fluid-Based Simulation Approach for High Volume Conveyor Transportation Systems,” Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, Vol 13, No. 3, pp. 297 – 317. Sept 2004.
- Wang, Y., Zhou, C., “Design Analysis of Accummulation and Control of Large Scale Conveyor System in Distribution Centers,” J. Systems Science and Systems Engineering. Vol 19, No. 4, pp 408-429, 2010
- Lin, Y. T., and Zhou*, C., “The Modeling and Analysis of Message Passing in Distributed Manufacturing Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Manufacturing and Cybernetics, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp 250-262, 1999.
- Han, Y. H., Zhou, C. “Dynamic Sequencing of Jobs on Conveyor Systems for Minimizing Changeovers”, Intl J of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 49, No 9-12, pp 1251-1259, 2010.
- Dowling, M., Griffin, P., Zhou, C. “Statistical Issues in Geometric Tolerance Verification Using Coordinate Measuring Machines,” Technometrics, Vol. 39, No. 1, 1997. Pp 3 – 17 (lead article).
- Chen, M, McGinnis, L, Zhou*, C, “Single-Loop-Dual-Rail Asynchronized Material Handling System Reliability Optimization,” Int. J. of Production Research, Vol. 37, No. 10, 2217-2237, 1999.
- Liu, P., Wu, Y., Zhou, C., and Xu, N. “Fluid-Based Slotting Optimization for Automated Order Picking System with Multiple Dispenser Types,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 24, Nov. 4, pp 529 –
- Shen, C., Wu, Y., and Zhou, C. “Selecting between Sequential Zoning and Simultaneous Zoning for Picker-to-parts Order Picking System Based on Order Cluster and Genetic Algorithm,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol 24, No
- Arkin, C. Lee, R., McGinnis, L. and Zhou, C., “The Development of a Shared Interdisciplinary Intelligent Mechatronics Laboratory,” Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp 113-118, 1997.
- Hackman, S., Sokol, J., and Zhou, C., “Industry Focused Senior Design at Georgia Tech,” INFORMS Transactions on Education, Accepted.